Thursday, March 17, 2011

Worth a Post

I had an argument with David this afternoon. The debate ended abruptly when he dismissed everything and said that he'd prefer to end the discussion. That left me a bit miffed. And that's because I don't go down well without a fight. I had an internal debate right then and wondered whether I should let the anger simmer or have it out by engaging him again. I decided to keep silent, not simmering or anything, and felt the anger dissipate because I was busy trying to cook glutinous rice for dinner. It was good I was distracted.

I thought that, that was the end of the matter but discovered that it wasn't.

Later as we were driving to soccer, I said the word, 'stupid.' Now this is a word Micah has learnt and we are trying hard to dissuade him from saying it. David suddenly accuses me of 'teaching' Micah the word. He says Micah must have learnt it from me as he's noticed that I use that word often!

So here I am wondering if I should have an outburst. Mind you, the earlier debate was somewhat an anti climax so I was game to start a fight. Being an unreasonable female at that moment, I linked everything together and felt I needed to defend myself.

Somehow I managed to keep quiet and practically ignore my man while Micah had his soccer. It wasn't the time and place, anyway.

I fumed a bit here and there. I was less talkative than normal - keeping quiet and just preparing dinner and watching TV.

Then it happened.

My very righteous husband spews out the word, 'stupid' several times in response to some funny news item - and Micah says, "Papa, did you say stupid!"

I rest my case.

5 comments:

weeLee 17/3/11 7:10 pm  

whoopsie!

WAHM 18/3/11 8:24 am  

Hope you are feeling better now... God has a way to talk to people :)

Tracy Tan 18/3/11 8:30 am  

Wee Lee: it was funny at the end :)
WAHM: not fighting and not getting angry was worth it :)

Kess And Her Mama 19/3/11 12:37 pm  

Not picking a fight is not easy...esp if you feel you're right. Glad you overcame it :-)

Tony 19/3/11 8:59 pm  

Wise decision. You might have then won a battle but lose a war.

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP